My Nature Book
My Nature Book is a wonderful nature craft that's the perfect activity for camping, vacation, or just when discovering the environment outside your home! Great idea for preschoolers on up!
• 2 sheets of craft foam (for front and back cover)
• Construction paper or other thick paper like cardstock
• Markers and anything else you want to glue on the cover
• Sandwich-sized zip-lock baggies
• Small treasure from nature (leaves, rocks, sticks, ect.)
• Hole punch
• Yarn, string or twine
Here's how you make it...
1. Collect some small items from the great outdoors, like leaves, rocks, sticks, etc.
2. Make a front a back cover for your nature book by placing a baggie on top of the craft foam and cutting a rectangle about ¼" bigger all around. Decorate your cover with markers or other craft items.
3. Make rectangles from paper that will fit inside a baggie. Glue each item onto a rectangle, preschoolers can write the name of the item; older children can write the name and a description of the item. When you are done slide the paper inside the baggie and continue with all of your other nature items. (The zipper part of the baggie goes on the left side)
4. Punch two holes in the cover and in each baggie and tie them all together to assemble your book.
If you want your book to last a little longer simple make "rubbings" of all your nature items. Place leaves under a paper and rub over top with a crayon. You can assemble your book without the baggies.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Outdoor Crafts.