Having a few Camping Food Tips will make preparing your camping meals easier. Not to mention getting the food to your destination.
You may think throw it in the cooler and go, easy right? Well after you review the Camping Food Tips below you will find it even easier. Saving space and time are important when camping. Your not there to spend all your time cooking.
Not everyone is like Camping Carl who would prefer to cook all his meals in one pot. You want to have delicious meals. To accomplish this you want to make prep easy, have all the ingredients and minimize space as well as disasters.
As you review the list of Camping Food Tips below you will see that they do just that. The tip will either save you time, space, or both.
1. Use zip lock bags to store foods like soup, sauces, chili etc. Freeze the food and put in cooler. It helps keep other foods cold.
2. On your last day of camp, use your leftover meats and vegetables to make omelets for breakfast. You can use almost any ingredient in omelets. Then you don’t have to take the leftovers home with you.
3. Keep condiment packets and plastics silverware that come from fast food restaurants
4. To keep eggs from breaking, break them into a bowl, scramble, and pour into a water bottle.
5. To keep marshmallows from sticking together, add a little powdered sugar to the bag.
6. Disposable water bottles make great dispensers for salad dressings, oils and sauces.
7. Consider investing in a food sealing systems. Seal required serving sizes, ideal for individual serving sizes. Ideal for preventing frozen foods getting wet. Since the bags are reusable, the bags can be cleaned and reused. Great for other items you don't want to get dirty or wet, such as papers, First aid items, etc.
8. Freeze meat before putting in cooler. Keeps other foods cold and will keep longer.
9. Replenish your ice often. You may want one cooler for drinks the other for food. This will cut down on the number of times the food cooler is open, hence saving on ice and keeping food items as cold as possible.
9. Measure ingredients for each meal ahead of time and pack in zip lock bags. Label each bag accordingly.
10. Rolls, Bagels and Pita bread packs better and stays in better shape than regular sliced breads.
11. Freeze jugs of water to keep food cold and use for drinking, cooking or washing when melted.
12. Use squeeze margirin when camping. It is much easier and cleaner, great for cooler temperature.
Got a tip that we have not listed here?